In accordance with the information provided in the INNEON web page (www.inneon.eu), you will find below a list of some of the most commonly asked questions regarding INNEON services. Please read through these FAQs before contacting INNEON.
If your question is not answered below and you believe it would be a good addition to the FAQ list, please send your suggestions to email@example.com.
1.What is INNEON?
INNEON project answers a real demand in creating a network of eco innovation stakeholders, providing them with a common and intuitive contact point. To achieve this, these main objectives have been stated:
- Establishing a strategically aligned European community of interest focused on the accelerated commercialization of eco- and social innovation.
- Providing a uniquely integrated service across the innovation chain from identification and enhancement of viable proposals (via the development of investor-ready proposals). Furthermore, through facilitating successful deals between investors and innovators.
- Establishing a sustainable European network of selected professionals with a defined interest in eco or social innovation that will continue after this project and result in a step-change in the evolution of the European market.
2. How can an SME benefit from INNEON?
Before enhancing the connection between project and investor, an eco-innovative entrepreneur can take advantage of a range of carefully selected, publicly available self-help tools and eco-innovation general information for turning an innovative idea into a successful business venture.
In the case of a qualified innovator, the following services are offered:
- Bespoke coaching support for selected applicants to assist in creating a compelling value proposition for eco- and socially innovative products and services leading to introductions to potential investors.
- Potential access to three types of investors servicing different segments of the capital market: business angels, venture capital and corporate investors.
- Connectivity and networking with a cohort of selected fellow innovators and with investors with a specific interest in eco-innovation, allowing for an exchange of ideas, information and advice through an online matchmaking platform and/or during tailor-made events.
3. How can an investor benefit from INNEON?
Apart from eco-innovative entrepreneurs, also investors can benefit from INNEON services. On the whole, the following possibilities are offered to them:
- Access to qualified, high-quality investment proposals from eco-and social innovators who have been coached by our team of expert practitioners.
- Access to sector specific market intelligence and know-how to inform your decision-making processes.
- Opportunities to syndicate with likeminded investors from across Europe.
- Access to professional eco-investors offering potential exit opportunities from existing portfolio companies.
4. What is the geographical scope of INNEON?
The INNEON project aims therefore at overcoming market barriers by creating an effective and long-lasting financing network dedicated to European Eco-innovation entrepreneurs and SMEs SMEs engaged in eco-innovation processes, clean technology development and sales, and, overall resource efficiency. Furthermore, INNEON will establish an EU-wide eco-innovation investor network.
5. How can an SME access INNEON services?
In order to benefit from INNEON services, an SME must submit an application form on the INNEON website, with a general description of the desired eco-innovative project. This application will be evaluated by INNEON innovation experts, who will decide whether the project meets the criteria to be part of the INNEON network.
6. How can I find out whether my idea is related to Eco-innovation?
Eco Innovation is “any innovation (technology or service) that reduces the use of natural resources and decreases the release of harmful substances across the whole life cycle”. As such it most obviously includes innovation relating to energy, waste, water and air management, but also includes cross-cutting themes such as (in no particular order of priority):
- Building design, construction and management
- Clean production/manufacturing
- Industrial symbiosis
- Integrated catchment management (including land management and flood protection)
- New materials – e.g. nanotechnology
- Public Health and safety
- Resource security (including food, energy and water)
- Smart Cities
- Sustainable agriculture
However, any innovation can potentially be termed as eco innovation if its environmental benefits can be demonstrated and if it is able to contribute to the circular economy, and as such could involve any sector. It can include technology, service, process, organizational change, marketing, social or system development. The definition of eco-innovation is therefore wide and multi sectorial.
Innovators may be individuals, SMEs or entrepreneurs within a larger organization. For the purposes of INNEON, the term eco-innovator applies to an individual or organization seeking to commercialize a new product/service/proposition which in its market application meets the definition presented above.
Potential markets include industrial, commercial, public sector and domestic consumers, each of which has different characteristics, purchasing behavior and profiles in regard to their propensity to adopt eco innovation.
Disclaimer: This document provides some information on the terms of INNEON and its related documentation. This document is not, and should not be construed as, a binding document. It does not provide a detailed description of any party’s rights and obligations under the INNEON documentation and should not be used to construe any of the terms set out thereunder. The whole document is qualified by the terms and conditions contained in the relevant INNEON documentation. This document does not constitute an offer of any nature whatsoever and does not create any binding obligations on INNEON to enter into a contract with any third party in relation to any service provided by INNEON.